Call for Abstracts
THE CALL FOR ABSTRACTS IS NOW CLOSED.
Thank you very much for your interest in Coastal Zone Canada 2014! Oral and poster abstracts are now invited on the following sub-themes and should be submitted using the online abstract submission system.
To highlight the Conference theme, Our Coasts: Legacies and Futures, each contributor and participant will be asked to consider the following questions:
- Blue Economy: Working Waterfronts, Coastal Infrastructure and Resource Management
- Coastal Communities: Social and Human Dimensions of the Coast
- Environmental Impacts: Climate Change, Human-Induced Challenges and Community Responses
- A Focus on the Arctic: Ecological, Social, Economic and Political Change
- Governance, Policy and Law-Making: Managing our Coasts and Oceans
- Knowledge and Information: Data Use and Accessibility, Information Management
- Marine and Coastal Ecosystems: Understanding the Complexity of Biological and Physical Coastal Environments
- Security and Risk Management: Managing Uncertainty
- Social Media and Outreach: Reaching and Educating the Public Domain
- What does the ideal future look like to you? Where are the opportunities? What future will you choose?
- What role can you play and how can you influence the present and the future? How do we empower, inspire, engage, and revitalize?
- How do we deal with the unexpected? What are the risks? How do we prepare? What lessons can we learn from the past?
WHY SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT?
- Contribute your research and experience to the leading Canadian forum for coastal and ocean management
- Present cutting-edge research or share professional experiences that could potentially have a significant impact on the practice of ocean and coastal management in Canada and abroad
- Provide attendees with the opportunity to learn about emerging issues that affect our coasts
- Open dialogue among your colleagues and fellow citizens on how to empower active involvement in managing and protecting all of Canada’s coasts.
SUBMISSION DATES AND INSTRUCTIONS
The deadline for oral and poster abstract submissions is 20 January 2014.
For revisions or queries regarding abstracts already submitted:
- Abstracts can be saved in "Draft" status to be finalized until the submission deadline (20 January 2014). Therefore, the submitter will be required to create a user profile.
- Abstracts for the Conference program will be printed from your electronically submitted material. Therefore, please be sure to carefully check your abstract for content errors, spelling, names, etc. before submitting.
- Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence. Allow 24 hours for your receipt to be returned to you. Notifications of abstract receipt will be sent to the ABSTRACT SUBMITTER’s email address only.
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is actually presented at the conference by the author or one of the co-authors. You are able to identify the presenter when submitting your abstract. All presenters will be required to register for CZC 2014 and pay the appropriate registration fee.
- Detailed information on the presentation format and submission procedures (i.e. duration and timing of the presentation, size of poster, accepted file type for digital poster, uploading information, etc.) will be emailed to all delegates whose abstracts have been accepted by the Program Committee by 28 February 2014.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the CZC 2014 abstract book and loaded to USB keys which will be distributed to participants, and other Conference sponsors, special guests, etc., together with the Conference registration bag. Accepted abstracts will also be available online on the CZC 2014 website prior to the Conference.
- All authors who register for the Conference may have their paper considered for publication by one of the supporting journals by indicating their preference at the abstract submission stage. Acceptance of a paper for Conference presentation does not guarantee subsequent acceptance for journal publication.
If you do not receive acknowledgement for your abstract submission or if you wish to make any essential revisions to an abstract already submitted, please DO NOT RESUBMIT your abstract, as this may lead to duplication. Please email CZC2014@agendamanagers.com with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your reference number if you have one.
For further information, see:
Final Program and Abstracts now available
Thank you to
Free and Open
Oral and Poster Presentation Instructions
Rt Hon Paul Martin,
Dr. Francis Zwiers,
Timothy Kearns and
Dr. Susan Avery -
Be a Friend of
the Coast !
Conference venue: World Trade and Convention Centre
Stay connected with
Download the CZC 2014 Social Media Policy